Keeping Your Nutropin AQ® NuSpin® Pens Cool While At Home Or On The Go
Whether you’re at home or traveling, Nutropin AQ® NuSpin® pens must be protected from light and kept cool between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). DO NOT FREEZE. KEEP DRY.
Here are some tips for maintaining the right environment:
- Store in a refrigerator
- Do not put in or near a freezer
On The go:
- Take a travel cooler with pre-frozen long lasting gel packs for cooling
- Use a plastic container to protect pens from getting TOO COOL
- Write “do not freeze” on top of plastic container if handing your child’s treatment off to a new caregiver like a relative or camp counselor
- Test new refrigerators especially in hotels with hand held thermometers to confirm it's not too cold
If you need a travel cooler and gel packs, you can find them at local and on-line retailers or you can order from us by calling our Nurse hotline at 1-866-NUTROPIN.